Everyone is very excited for the Apple event today.
When is the iPhone 7 launch September keynote 2016? Date and start time
Apple has sent out invitations to its 7 September special event which starts, as usual, at 10am PDT. That means that if you want to keep up with the launch live in the UK the start time is 6pm. It will take place at the Bill Civic Auditorium in San Francisco.
How to watch the iPhone 7 launch live video stream
You can tune into the new iPhone 7 event live at 6pm UK time on 7 September 2016 by visiting www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2016. However, not everyone can just go and watch the live video stream freely because live streaming uses Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) technology
You’ll need to have iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Safari on iOS 7.0 or later, a Mac with Safari 6.0.5 or later on OS X v10.8.5 or later, or a PC with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. Streaming via Apple TV requires an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with software 6.2 or later or an Apple TV (4th generation).
Don’t worry if you don’t own any of those devices, because we’ll be hosting a live blog of the Apple Event on this very page, and promise to keep you up to date with the announcements as they happen – see above.
What to expect from the iPhone 7 launch
Well the clue is in the name, and if you didn’t know Apple was due to launch the iPhone 7 we’re not sure where you’ve been.
Although there were rumoured to be three models for the first time – Plus and Pro models alongside the regular option – it appears that it will just be the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus now. Two larger models were leaked but the one with a single rear camera was a backup for the model with a dual lens offering in case the technology wasn’t quite ready.
Below you can see a summary of what to expect from the iPhone 7 phones, according to the usually accurate Ming-chi Kuo from KGI. There’s also the possibilty of the iPad mini 5 and Apple Watch 2 but we’re not so sure. It’s worth tuning in to find out but we think they are more likely to launch at a separate event.
• Two models: iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
• Five colours: Rose Gold, Gold, Silver, Dark Black and Piano Black (glossy)
• Three storage sizes: 32/128/256GB
• Varying RAM: iPhone 7 at 2GB with Plus at 3GB for dual cameras
• Dual-lens: 12Mp sensors, wide-angle and telephoto on Plus model
• TrueTone: A total of four LEDs for the flash – two warm, two cool
• Water-resistant: IPX7 like the Apple Watch
• Touch home button: Not push style any more, partly to permit water resistance
• No headphone jack: Will ship with Lightning EarPods and 3.5mm adapter
• New processor: Apple A10 could be up to 2.45GHz
• Better screen: Same sizes but same colour gamut as iPad Pro 9.7
• Stereo sound: The ear-piece will be a proper speaker providing stereo in landscape
• Lasers: The proximity sensor will use laser technology